Sunday, May 20, 2012

Wildwood Falls!



This weekend I completed my very first bike tour! I went with a group through the University of Outdoor Program. On Saturday we biked 70 miles to a campground near Wildwood Falls (see point B on the map below), camped overnight, and then biked back to Eugene today to total 120 miles over the course of the weekend. Although I'm sore and exhausted, I got to know 7 wonderful people and had good, old-fashioned, out-of-doors fun. I LOVED bike touring--the camping and campfire s'mores, the stopping for lunch and breakfast in Creswell and Cottage Grove, respectively. I also loved making new friends and almost falling off my bike while climbing a hill because I was laughing so hard.

I learned so much this weekend about what to expect during this summer and how it feels to do back-to-back days of long riding (except this summer we will have 68 days of back-to-back rides, not two)! Here are some pictures:

 
Map from Eugene to Wildwood Falls. We biked from point A to point B--this isn't the route we took, but you can see the relative distance!

The view of Dorena Lake from the bike path we took along the lake towards Wildwood Falls.

My bike, along with the trailer that I pulled all 120 miles! 





No comments:

Post a Comment